Total Pageviews

Monday, November 26, 2012

One week in

My first week in Germany is almost over, and what an eventful week it has been. I started school on Tuesday with school day 8am-4pm, I can assure you I was utterly exhausted by the end if it. As Peter has said, it is very difficult and tiring to learn subjects in German, especially when they are French or Latin. 
Wednesday was a holiday of sorts so Robert and I headed into the city to look around and shop a bit. All the buildings in the centre of Munich are very impressive and unlike anything back in Launceston.
I had two more days of school on Thursday and Friday. Thursday finished at 4 and Friday finished at 2.30.
I have also been training with Robert's soccer team SV Planegg three times this week. It has been an amazing experience to train in an environment so dedicated to soccer. Even the 10 year olds were playing with real precision and purpose. 
Yesterday (Saturday) I went down to Herrenchiemsee, a castle built by King Ludwig II of Bavaria. It was amazing to see. The interior is so incredibly lavish with gold and paintings. Once again, unlike anything in Tasmania.
This whole experience is absolutely incredible, and I've only been here a week. 9 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment